Advice and Well-being
Keeping Children Safe in Education
Pastoral Leadership Team
As well as all of the general support below, we are, of course here to help. Should students have any concerns when they are in school, they should speak to their form tutor, or Pastoral Managers, or any adult with whom they feel comfortable in school to talk. All staff have regular child protection training.
Mrs Cheryl GranthamProgress Leader: Year 7/SEND
Mrs Helen SmailProgress Leader: Year 8 & 9
Mr John InsleyProgress Leader: Year 10 & 11
Mrs Natalie PearsallLead Pastoral Manager
Ms Caroline BournePastoral Manager
Ms Emma LuddenPastoral Manager
2. I’m worried – where can I find more advice and guidance?
Think-U-Know from CEOP
Promoting British Values
What are the fundamental British values we promote? Click Here to find out.
Extreme views have no place in British society. Find out more here
More Useful Links
- Feeling stressed? Lonely? Struggling to cope? Children and Young People’s mental health advice and support.
- Disrespect Nobody Home Office site for teens: consent, healthy relationships, sexting and more.
- CEOP Need to report something related to online safety? Do so here.
- Child Net More online safety support here from Childnet.
- Confused about your sexuality or gender? Not sure? Help is here:
The NSPCC LGBTQ support / Young LGBTQ / Stonewall Youth / BBC Am I gay?
Support, links and advice.
- Need help with addiction? Drugs, cigarettes, alcohol? Click here for support and information.
- Infomation for Families from Warwickshire County Council
- Worried about your body, how you look, or what you’re eating? Help is available here.
- Understanding your child. Guides and information pack Click here for more information visit http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/smartstartgetinvolved.
- Is your child using SnapChat? Click here to find out what you need to know
- WARWICKSHIRE MDMA FACT SHEET (Jan 2019) regarding concerning batch circulating area.
- Anxiety Booklet
- SWEP letter regarding drug mis-use
Registered Nurses with additional qualifications/experience:
What do we do?
We work both in and out of School to provide CONFIDENTIAL support around:
- Keeping Healthy; Emotional Health; Weight Management; Sexual Health; Drugs and Alcohol; Smoking Cessation; Immunisations; More support for those who need it most; Supporting long term conditions; Drop In clinics- at your school this is on a Tuesday at lunchtime; One-to-One appointments in school; Advice/support for parents/school if requested; Staff training.
Other useful Health links, including support with mental health and stress
- Mindfulness and Managing Stress from the NHS
- NHS Direct
- NHS Vaccination Checklist
- NHS emotional Health Advice
- Enuresis Resource and Info Centre
- NHS Bedwetting
- Health Protection Agency
- Useful Information about the latest Fortnite Game