This section contains information on any current vacancies along with application forms, guidance/advice for candidates
Should you have any queries about the application process or wish to arrange a visit, please contact:
Mrs Sally Smith, Office Manager on 01564 797550
Alternatively, click here to send her a message
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Band A, £9:00 per hour
Part-time: 39 weeks per year (Term time plus Inset days)
AMAT Catering Services is part of Arden Multi Academy trust, a group of schools providing excellent education to children and young people within Solihull and the local area. Our Catering team are proud of delivering delicious, health school meals using locally sourced, high quality ingredients to pupils within all our schools. We are delighted to be able offer roles at Lode Heath and Henley in Arden schools.
The postholders will assist with the preparation and serving of meals, refreshments and other catering services. If you, therefore, have an interest in food and are enthusiastic, self-motivated, able to assist in the preparation and serving of meals to students and staff and would like to join a team with the same commitment we would love to hear from you.
Vacancies are available at the following schools, Monday to Friday:
Lode Heath School, Solihull
9:00am – 2:30pm (25 hours)
10:45am – 2:30pm (16.5 hours)
Henley in Arden, Henley in Arden
12:30pm – 3:00pm (12.5 hours)
The key responsibilities for this post are as follows (a comprehensive job description is available):
- Preparation and some cooking of food
- Preparing the dining area for service, placing out and putting away of dining room tables, chairs and utensils as required
- Preparing the counter for service
- Transporting food between service points, serving meals
- Operating the till systems
- Excellent customer service skills
In return we can offer you:
- A school environment where enthusiastic students enjoy learning and engage positively in all aspects of school life
- As a Teaching School, access to high quality continuing professional development and the opportunity for personal growth and development
- A collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity
- A Senior Leadership team who is committed to promoting the best environment and outcomes for staff and students
- West Midlands Local Government Pension and Cycle to Work scheme
Children of staff who are permanently employed at Arden Academy are eligible for a ‘staff’ priority for main school and Sixth Form admissions (please see Admissions on our school website for full details).
Further details are available to download from the Trust website https://www.ardenmat.org.uk/careers/
Or you may contact Angela Berry, Area Catering Manager to request details on 01564 773348. Application forms should be completed in full and attached to a letter of application. CVs will not be accepted. Please address all correspondence to Mrs M Bull, HR Manager stating clearly the hours and school that are of interest.
This is a hands on role for 15 hours per week working within in a team of 8 cleaners. Typically working 3.15-6.15pm weekdays in term time (some flexibility to change to early morning or later evening shifts may be available for the right candidate) and with an additional 2 weeks of deep clean in the school holiday periods. An enthusiastic and hardworking individual is sought – preferably with cleaning experience. .
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £8.81 /hour
Term time 39 week contract + 10 days deep cleaning. (41 weeks in total)
We are looking to appoint someone who:
- is hard working
- is flexible
- is a good team player
- has a sense of pride in their work
Main duties and responsibilites would involve:
- General cleaning of classrooms, toilets, offices etc
- Mopping, hoovering, wiping of desks and surfaces
- Reporting any maintainence issues to Caretaking Team
- Use of floor scruffer drier, training will be provided
- Ensure school is kept in a clean and hygienic condition
- Rubbish and recycling management
- Understanding and adhering to the required Health and Safety procedures e.g. slip hazard signs displayed, COSHH training etc.
Henley-in-Arden School is a member of the Arden Multi-Academy Trust family. AMAT is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales #7375267. Registered Office: Station Road, Knowle, Solihull, B930PT. www.ardenmat.org.uk
IMPORTANT: Henley-in-Arden School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS including a Children’s Barred List check.