Henley-in-Arden School Local Governing Body
The Governors work collaboratively with the school, each bringing their own experiences to support the school and to ensure that the pupils are getting the best possible education. The members of the Governing Body work collectively to perform a strategic role and contribute to key elements such as:
- Setting the school’s vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent, including the expenditure of the pupil premium allocation.
- Ensuring that all children, including those with special educational needs, have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Setting the aims and objectives for the school.
- Setting the policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Setting the targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
Interested in becoming a Local Governing Body member?
- Have an open and enquiring mind
- Interested in education generally and our school in particular
- Have a desire to play a part in improving our school
- Show willingness to listen and make informed judgements
- Able to work with others
- Willing to give several hours a term to attend meetings and training
If you match this description, then we would like to hear from you, whether you have a child or children at the school or not (if you do, you are able to be a Parent Governor).
To express an interest or ask for more infomation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can then arrange a follow up discussion.
|NAME||CURRENT TERM OF OFFICE ENDS||ROLES|
|Mrs Sue Westmacott||23/06/2024||
Chair of Local Governing Body
Teaching & Learning Committee; Pupil Premium Governor
|Mr Simon McDonald||21/09/2022||
Vice-Chair of Local Governing Body
Chair Teaching & Learning Committee
|Mrs Stella Ackland||01/12/2020||Behaviour, Safety, Intervention & Inclusion Committee; SEND Governor|
|Mr Rob Ford||23/06/2024||Teaching & Learning Committee|
|Mr Kit Howe||06/12/2022||Chair of Behaviour, Safety, Intervention & Inclusion Committee; Safeguarding Governor|
|Mrs Wendy Stanton||07/12/2021||Behaviour, Safety, Intervention & Inclusion Committee|
|Mrs Patricia Wright||16/07/2023||Teaching & Learning Committee|
|Mrs Sheila Abrahams||16/07/2023||Teaching & Learning Committee|
|Interim Head Teacher|
|Mr Mark Wilson||Ex officio||Behaviour, Safety, Intervention & Inclusion Committee|
|Arden MAT Trustee|
|Mrs Andrea Gardner||Appointed by Trust||Former Governor of Henley in Arden School|
|Clerk to the Governors|
|Mr Ian Paterson||1 month’s notice||Clerk to Governing Body and Company Secretary|
All Governors are Members and Trustees of Henley in Arden School December 2018
company registration number 07660995 (England and Wales)