6th-7th December 2022
Section 8 ‘Short’ Inspection by Ofsted – December 2022
We are delighted to share with you the official report from our recent Ofsted report which took place on the 6th and 7th of December.
Following our visit which entailed a variety of discussions with staff, governors, trustees and a very wide range of students; consideration of our student, parent and staff surveys, observations of many lessons and the consideration of the school’s overall performance, the outcome is that Henley in Arden is classified as a good school, due to our excellent provision for our students in and outside of the classroom, high quality outcomes and strong leadership and management. In addition, the support from the Arden Multi-Academy trust in helping to drive significant improvements in the school has been recognised, and I would like to give my personal thanks to those involved.
We are very proud of our community, and this outcome is a reflection of the hard work of our staff and students and the fantastic provision our students have received over the last few years, which has included overcoming the challenges of the pandemic.
The inspection found that:
- Pupils ‘achieve well and move on to strong destinations,’ are ‘friendly, welcoming and happy’; ‘value their education’ and ‘behave very well’
- Our senior team and trust have ‘brought a clear drive for excellence and high ambitions for all pupils’
- Our lessons were ‘calm and orderly’ and the curriculum for our students was ‘ambitious, broad and balanced’.
- Our wider ‘character curriculum’ was ‘well planned and ambitious’ and pupils have ‘have many varied opportunities to extend their learning beyond the classroom and pursue their passions’
- Our teachers ‘use assessment well’ and ‘adapt their learning to ensure that all pupils can achieve well in their learning’
- It was evidenced that students feel and are safe and that the school has ‘a real community feel to it.’
We will continue develop our curriculum, our teaching and our wider provision to provide an excellent service for all our students and the wider community.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank our parents and carers for their continued support, and our students for continuing to work hard, progress and contribute to Henley Community every member of our school, our Trustees, and our Local Governing body. Each of these groups have a continued drive and relentless passion for student wellbeing and progress continue and working together, we will take the school and our student experiences from strength to strength.
To take Ofsted’s ParentView Survey at any time, please visit their website.