What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is a fund provided by the Department for Education to enhance the education of students who are deemed to be from a disadvantaged background. It is provided for those students currently in receipt of Free School Meals, or have been, at any point over the past 6 years (FSM6). Looked After Children (CLA) and Children with Parents in the Armed Forces are also eligible to Pupil Premium Funding.
What students does it apply to?
Being eligible for a free school meal clearly has a benefit to the student, namely, a free high quality meal. This saves parents/carers over £400 per year. Another benefit to the pupil is help with the costs of school enrichment trips.We therefore strongly encourage eligible parents/carers to apply for this status. No one will know who has registered and it will not affect any other benefits being claimed. You can register your son/daughter for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit** and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Applications are made to Warwickshire County Council using the online Free School Meals Application Form (Button Below), by contacting the Free School Meals Team on 01926 742543 or at firstname.lastname@example.org